Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Bank Americard allows you to have 18 months of 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers. But the card does not earn any rewards.
- Good credit needed
- Bank of America will only approve you for a maximum of 2 cards within 2 months, 3 cards within 12 months, and 4 cards within 24 months
- You cannot get approved if you have more than a total of 5 Bank Of America credit cards open
- Bank Of America will not approve you for a credit card if you have opened more than 2 credit cards (other issuers included) in the past 12 months. (Up to 6 credit cards in the past 12 months for Bank Of America bank account holders)
- Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian you may be able to call reconsideration and request they pull one of the other credit bureaus)
- You can check your application status here
- If declined you can call the reconsideration department at 1 866 695 6598
- Balance transfer fee: 3% or $10, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Bank Of America
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 60 days of account opening
- No penalty APR