Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The only benefit from the Bank of America secured card is that once you submit the application and depending on your credit file Bank of America might even approve you for an unsecured credit card. The Bank Of America Secured card can mature to a non secured card after a periodic review (I’m not sure how long that takes).
- Limited credit ok - newcomers welcome
- Bank of America will only approve you for a maximum of 2 cards within 2 months, 3 cards within 12 months, and 4 cards within 24 months
- You can not have more than 5 Bank Of America credit cards
- Bank Of America will not approve you for a credit card if you have opened more than 2 credit cards (other issuers included) in the past 12 months (and up to 6 credit cards in the past 12 months for Bank Of America Bank Account Holders)
- Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (if you freeze Experian then you can request the reconsideration department to pull your Equifax credit report)
- You can check your application status here
- If declined you can call 1 800 354 0401 to be reconsidered
- Free Fico Score