Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Citi Simplicity card offers the longest intro 0% APR period of 21 months on balance transfers. But, keep in mind, that it also has a higher balance transfer fee of 5% while the average is only 3%. The card also features simplicity with no penalty fees, no late fees, and no annual fees.
- Good credit needed
- You can only get approved for 1 Citi Personal Card every 8 days, and not more than 2 Citi Personal Cards every 65 days
- Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull Equifax)
- You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- Balance transfer fee: 5% or $5, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Citi Bank
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 4 months of account opening
- No penalty APR
- No penalty fees
- No late fees
- No annual fee