Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Journey Student Rewards Card from Capital One is a good credit card for newcomers to credit. It is a very easy credit card to get approved for even for someone new to credit. This card can work great for students learning overseas as it got no foreign transaction fees.
- You can get approved even if you are new to credit
- You do not need to be a student to get this card
- You can only get approved for one Capital One card every 6 months.
- Capital One will do a hard credit inquiry by all 3 credit bureaus (you can freeze 1 credit report and still get approved)
- You can check your application status by calling 1 800 903 9177 or 1 877 277 5901
- If declined you can call 1 800 625 7866 to be reconsidered (Capital One will usually only reconsider an application due to application error)
- 24 hour travel assistance services
- Roadside Assistance
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Extended Warranty Protection